A secure and resilient energy infrastructure is vital to national security and a strong economy. In recent years, the energy debate has tended to be framed in economic and environmental terms, and the concept of energy security as part of our wider national security has seldom received the attention it deserves.
In this wide-ranging discussion, panellists will reflect on some of the key issues that will need to be addressed as part of the wider energy debate, including:
- How we can guarantee the resilience and security of supply;
- The need to avoid increasing strategic dependence and how we can encourage our allies to diversify;
- Meeting our environmental targets while maintaining a strong enough economy to ensure adequate defence and security;
- Attracting sufficient capital in a robust, dependable regulatory framework to create a resilient energy infrastructure for the future.
The panellists are:
- Pierre Bernard, CEO, Friends of Sustainable Grids
- Rear Admiral Michael Hewitt, Co-Founder and CEO, IP3
- Jason Mann, Senior Managing Director, Regulated Industries and Energy Markets Group, FTI Consulting
- Ilesh Patel, Partner Energy, Utilities and Resources, Baringa
- Laura Sandys, Non-Executive Director, Energy Systems Catapult
The webinar will be chaired by The Rt Hon Dr Liam Fox MP, former Defence Secretary and, subsequently, Secretary of State for International Trade.
To take part you must pre-register no later than 11 July. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
If you have any questions, please e-mail Emilia Markert, Events Manager, at email@example.com.