This launch event for the concluding paper from RUSI's research project into helicopter usage by the emergency services, and across UK Government agencies in general, will present the final findings from the research followed by a Question and Answer session with the key stakeholder agencies.
Q&A Panelists include:
- Jeremy Rolstone, Head of SAR Helicopters Division, Department for Transport
- Assistant Chief Constable Allyn Thomas, National Police Air Service
- Peter Aldrick, Chief Executive, Association of Air Ambulances
- Jennifer Cole, Research Fellow Emergency Management, RUSI
- Inspector Phil Raymond, National Police Air Services
The research has highlighted a number of opportunities for increased joint working and asset sharing across Government agencies currently using air resources, harmonising not only the assets themselves but also training, maintenance, crewing, dispatch and the location of bases. Such an approach is likely to result in considerable cost savings across all agencies in future while improving operational efficiency and effectiveness for each air asset user.
An embargoed soft copy of the report will be sent out to registered attendees on Friday 25 November and hard copies will be available at the launch.